Keep You Safe in the Down & Dirty anthology
Please note: This story is SPICY, meaning it is for a MATURE AUDIENCE. The story contains Adult Situations and Language and is not suitable for those under 18 or who dislike mature subject matter. In other words with my SPICY stories, the bedroom door is wide open and the scenes are explicit and hot. If you’re not 18 and over and/or are disturbed by erotic content, please do not stay on this book page.
* I’m Professor Arianna Perez, and I’ve been asked if I’ll ever trust, let alone love, another man again. After dumping an abusive boyfriend, I doubted I would. At least, that’s how I felt until fate had sexy wrangler, Kian Bishop, reappearing in my life in a way I never expected.
* Against my better judgement, I fell hard for the cowboy, believing everything he said, including how he wanted to treat me like a queen and keep me safe. Little did I know, though, that the circumstances that’d brought us together could also tear us apart…and possibly claim my life.
~ Excerpt ~
* Kian sat back and rubbed his chin. “He’s still bothering you?”
* Nodding, I continued to breathe deep to allay my anxiety. “Kind of.”
* “He sounds like a jerk. If you were mine, I’d treat you like a queen. I’d do anything I could to keep you safe and free from harm.”
* “If I were yours?” God, how I wanted to believe that a man would do that. Be a true gentleman, someone who would treat me right, someone I could trust not turn into a pig. Even if Kian spoke the truth, there were other factors to consider. “You do remember there’s an age gap between us, right? That I’m older than you?”
* He lifted a shoulder again. “So? We’re both adults. Consenting adults. I hated that my family moved, and I couldn’t see you anymore. That I only had you in my fantasies.”
* “Wait. What?” This time I couldn’t hide the surprise on my face. “You fantasized about me?”
* “All the time.” He chuckled, and pink tinged his cheeks. “I thought you were the prettiest woman I’d ever seen, and I was a hormonal teen. I wasn’t joking before when I said you’re beautiful.”
* Compliments. Wants. Desires. The claims coming from him made my breath catch on such an intense wave of yearning it almost hurt.
* Oh, Lord, what kind of spell is this man weaving over me?
* “I appreciate the sentiment, but like I’d said, you could have your pick. Why would you want an older lady with ten to twenty extra pounds on her frame?” Under my breath, I couldn’t stop myself from adding, “Chad used to say no man wanted a chubby-wubby.”
* Kian pursed his lips. “We’ve already established that Chad’s a tool. Me? I think you’re perfect the way you are. You don’t need to lose a pound.” He smiled. His gaze softened. “God, I really want to kiss you.”
* Before I knew it, he leaned across the table, gently palmed my cheek and placed his lips on mine. Hungry desire flooded me. I couldn’t deny my body’s response or the fact that I was seriously attracted to Kian. I wanted the kiss to deepen, but luckily, I had enough wits about me to not go crazy with the public display of affection.
* Then, as quick as it started, it ended. He sat back, taking any decisions I might have had to make out of my hands.
* “Thank you,” he said. “I’ve wanted to do that for ages.”
* More heat blossomed in my face. I couldn’t believe how much I’d been blushing. His attentions and presence made me feel like a silly, teenager in the throes of my first crush.
Pre-order your copy of Down & Dirty today! A collection of 22 brand new stories from USA Today and International Best-Selling authors full of scorching hot romance tales about hardworking, blue-collar heroes who work hard and play even harder!