Please note: This story is SPICY, meaning it is for a MATURE AUDIENCE. The story contains Adult Situations and Language and is not suitable for those under 18 or who dislike mature subject matter. In other words with my SPICY stories, the bedroom door is wide open and the scenes are explicit and hot. If you’re not 18 and over and/or are disturbed by erotic content, please do not stay on this book page.
Chasing Miss Kringle in Stockings & Suspenders
Evernight Publishing – Stockings & Suspenders – a ten author anthology sure to heat up the cold nights!* As the temperature drops, the women in this collection of stories find naughty and delicious ways to warm up for the holidays.
* A boss with a proposal to make her sweat, a promise from an Italian assistant, a cabin in the middle of nowhere with two men waiting to cater to her every desire, a special surprise for a lonely solider…
* All of these encounters and more from ten talented authors. Get ready for some holiday loving…Evernight style.
* Within the anthology, Chasing Miss Kringle by C.R. Moss ~ prequel story in the LVH-PI/Underground series
~ Blurb ~
Ex-cop turned private investigator, Jack Vorst, is a cynic when it comes to love and a skeptic when it comes to anything paranormal. When his PI partner requests his help on a paranormal investigation to find an elf, Jack thinks it’s a joke. It isn’t, and he’s roped into working on the case. In his search for the mystical creature, he meets a beautiful woman named Kristina at a local 5k race who starts to change his mind about love, magic and the holidays. Can the spirited woman melt his icy heart and change his outlook on life in time for Christmas?
~ Excerpt ~
* She’d have to be the right gal for me, the perfect feminine complement to my masculine. Someone who could bring light to the dark corners of my mind, chase away the scattered nightmarish memories and dreams I had on a regular basis. A tall order no doubt.
* If she looked like the woman I saw the other day, at the gym in fact, that’d be a great bonus. Calling her a Goddess didn’t do the beauty justice. Some might call her amazonish, but not me. Tall, toned, curvaceous women, and red-headed to boot, turned me on. A woman at the gym’s front desk had called the auburn-haired, athletic wonder Kristina. Pretty name. That chick was someone I wouldn’t mind seeing again and getting to know. Hell, my cock tightened at the mere thought of delving it into her hot core, feeling her legs wrap around me, diving my hands into her thick mane. I decided the next time I saw her I’d ask her out. What could it hurt? It would get Lory off my back which would be great. Hopefully, Kristina wasn’t one of those tourists taking advantage of the free week specials the gym constantly had advertised.
* “Okay.” Lory tutted again. “Play Mr. Mysterious. Be the strong, silent type. But you’re a nice guy even if you come off gruff and rough around the edges. I’ve seen it when you’ve paid attention to little Allie at our house. She’s a good judge of character, and she adores you. Plus, I’ll have you know, if you don’t find somebody soon, then I’ll have to start playing matchmaker. I’ll find the woman who will melt that icy heart of yours.”
* My gaze swung around to Vic. “She wouldn’t.”
* “She would.” With a shrug, Vic pushed the case folder named Elf toward me. “Here’s the intel so far. Take it. Read it over. If you have any questions, defer to Yente.” He jutted his chin in his wife’s direction.
* “Ha, ha.” She shook her head but kept a grin on her face. Her golden brown-eyed gaze caught mine. “Jack, I’m glad you’re going to help me out. In a week or so, my load and Trish’s will be lightened. We’ll be able to help you out if you haven’t solved the case by then.”
* A week, I thought. I could postpone starting on the case for a few days, and then by the time she was ready for it, I could just hand it back without having to subject myself to any weirdness. I picked up the folder, tipped it to my forehead then toward her. “No problem.”
Books in this series don’t necessarily have to be read in order, but it’s good idea if they are.