Please note: This story is SPICY, meaning it is for a MATURE AUDIENCE. The story contains Adult Situations and Language and is not suitable for those under 18 or who dislike mature subject matter. In other words with my SPICY stories, the bedroom door is wide open and the scenes are explicit and hot. If you’re not 18 and over and/or are disturbed by erotic content, please do not stay on this book page.
Two people scared to love again. Two others hesitant about commitment. A weekend in Nevada will change all that.
* Bristol Ashcombe is swearing off men and taking a vacation with her friend, Cassie. Damon Dougan is packed and ready to leave the ranch for a trip, that is, until a long-legged, sexy woman steps out of a vehicle and he decides to stay. Will one sex filled weekend be enough for either of them?
* Cassie Harding travels to the Double D ranch, to meet Bristol and looks forward to seeing her old friend, Dakota. Dak’s excited when Cassie, his former sweetheart, returns. Cassie and Dakota, though they’re heating up ‘the sheets’ in and out of the bedroom, have fears about commitment after years of being single. Will they find it’s better to dance together than apart?
* Wild West Weekend—Double D Ranch Tales (Book 1), a contemporary, chick-lit, erotic romance story set in Nevada.
~ Excerpt ~
* And the trip sure came at the right time. She was in desperate need of a break and the Dougan’s spread was the best place to take it. The ranch had once been a source of pleasure in her life. A place where she felt safe and peaceful, loved even. She looked forward to relaxing, forgetting her troubles for a bit, catching up with her friend.
* She sighed. She shouldn’t have lost contact with her childhood friends. Years of flitting from one state to the next trying to find the next best gig as a casino cocktail waitress in her twenties, then learning how to deal and working the pit in her thirties had taken its toll. Her nomadic way of life had consumed her, changed her, made her want to settle down somewhere. No longer was she the timid teen who’d visit the ranch every summer and once dismissed the feelings of the eldest Dougan brother.
* Across the drive, a horse’s whinny followed by a loud metallic thud jerked her from her thoughts. In front of the stables, a silver, extend-cab pick-up idled. A man, topped with a black cowboy hat, tossed a large bulky bag into the truck’s bed.
* She titled her sunglasses down her nose to get a better look at the cowboy. Tall, built but not burly, she’d place him around six feet tall. His tan hands were pronounced against the long white sleeves of his shirt. Relaxed fitting jeans encompassed long legs but didn’t form-fit around his butt. She wished the denim was tighter so it’d give a better idea of his muscle structure underneath. She’d hate to think the worker had a soft, saggy ass.
* The man lifted the hat, wiped his forearm along his forehead. The sun’s afternoon glow highlighted golden streaks in his brown hair, but his arm created shadows on most of his face. She could only make out one prominent cheekbone and strong jaw. He replaced the hat, strolled over to the stable building, and faded into the dark shade of the building.
* God, he looks like he has great lips for kissing, a five-o-clockstubbled chin that she could trail her tongue along and tease it with the prickles. She waited on the porch for another glimpse of him. He stepped out of the doorway, face still cast in shadows so she couldn’t get a good look, with a length of rope looped in his hand.
* Desire coiled low in her stomach, bunched into a tight ball. She purred quietly to herself. Maybe she’d see about a weekend fling with the ranch hand. A bit of a scratch for my little itch. And wouldn’t it be nice if the ranch hand was actually Dakota? A soft snicker followed the purr.
Want a signed copy of Wild West Weekend? E-mail C.R. Moss for details. Make sure to put ‘Wild West Weekend Print Book’ in the subject line.
Books in this series don’t necessarily have to be read in order, but it’s good idea if they are.